Missouri is building a statewide health information network in order to:
- Improve the quality of medical decision-making and the coordination of care;
- Provide accountability in safeguarding the privacy and security of medical information;
- Reduce preventable medical errors and avoid duplication of treatment;
- Improve the public health;
- Enhance the affordability and value of health care; and
- Empower Missourians to take a more active role in their own health care.
This network will create the infrastructure that will help Missouri providers meet some of the "Meaningful Use" objectives for the EHR financial incentive programs.